Emily McCombs is the Deputy Editor of HuffPost Personal. She previously helped launch and served as the Executive Editor of xoJane.com. She has been writing and editing personal essays for over a decade, and has been published in Cosmopolitan, TheCut.com, BUST Magazine, The Washington Post, Elle, Ravishly.com, Maxim, Elite Daily, Yahoo Beauty and of course HuffPost and xoJane.com. You can follow her on Instagram at @emilymccombs and on Twitter at @msemilymccombs.
In the podcast she covered:
- Who are the readers for the Personals column for Huffington Post?
- The kinds of essays or articles that work best for the section and why?
- Whether she prefers pitches or complete essays?
- What makes Huffpo Personals different than other essay columns in publication?
- The optimum word count, the rights they hold, and the pay range.
- Submission tips.
- How to submit.
Read Estelle’s Supplemental Interviw with Emily
Read Estelle’s essay for HuffPost Personal- My Blind Date Took Me to A Sex Club
Follow Estelle Erasmus on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and on her website for publishing advice and editor interviews
Follow Estelle on Her Personal Finance Forbes.com colum: The steps and stories of side hustles and second careers.
Register for Estelle’s Writer’s Digest Classes
Writing the Personal Essay
Getting Started in Writing
Bootcamp Pitching course